Newborn and Portrait Photography Dumfries
I am delighted to say that I have now been given the green light from the Scottish Government and the local authority to open my studio and begin capturing incredible portraits again. Things have changed dramatically over the past few months and while I already had strict health and safety policies in place these have been reviewed and where required I have added in extra care and precautions to ensure your safety.
Please see below details of what I have in place for the safest possible return, and the steps I will be taking to ensure the photography studio environment remains safe for your maternity, newborn, cake smash and family portrait photoshoots. Please note these procedures are in addition to my normal cleaning and risk assessment routine.
- I will keep up to date with all relevant guidance and advice on the safest methods of operating.
- All clients will be contacted the day before the session to ensure they are symptom free and this will be confirmed again on arrival at the studio – If you feel unwell on the day of your session please message to reschedule.
- All clients are asked to postpone their session if they are anyone they have been in contact with have ANY COVID related symptoms and equally if I am unwell I will contact you immediately to reschedule your appointment.
- All surfaces will be cleaned using the method recommended by the Scottish Government and the Local Authority before and after each session.
- I will be restricting the number of clients I see each day to allow for thorough cleaning/airing of the studio between appointments
- I will be asking clients to bring only the essentials to the session.
- As per the Scottish Government guidelines face masks are required, where social distancing can not be maintained, for all those who are not exempt. I will have a stock of disposable face masks available if required.
- I will be wearing relevant PPE, however after having done research on hand hygiene it appears that best practice is hand washing and use of sanitiser so I will not be wearing gloves but will wash my hands and use hand sanitiser through out the session
- The 2m physical distancing rule applies within the studio I will ask all clients to be mindful of this.
- For newborn portrait sessions I ask that it be immediate family only and where sibling images are required they will be taken at the beginning of the session along with any family images to allow them sibling(s) to leave the studio once these images have been achieved.
- There may be a slightly longer wait for your portrait ordering appointment due to the limit I have placed on the number of clients within the studio on any given day.
- Product delivery may also be slightly delayed due to amended timescales from my supplier however this will be detailed fully when ordering.
- If anyone within your household develops COVID symptoms within 7 days of your attendance at the photography studio I ask that you inform me at the earliest opportunity to allow me to postpone upcoming sessions and to comply with my statutory requirements under the Governments track and trace policy.
- I have a statutory obligation to keep your details and if required to provide them as part of the Test and Protect Protocol – click here to link to the Scottish Government Guidance
On a personal note I am very much looking forward to photographing very previous moments for amazing families and I hope to be able to strike the balance between keeping your reassuringly safe while also allowing you to enjoy your time with me in the studio. I know that these are very unusual times and can be quite nerve wracking, especially for new parents so if there is anything at all you are unsure of or would like to clarify please don’t hesitate to contact me.
I look forward to seeing you soon.